- Have I mentioned that I love Valentine's Day? Oh, I have? I do. I love it. It's my absolute fay-vuh-rit.

I was browsing the aisles at Hobby Lobby this week oohing and ahhing and drooling and coveting all their adorable Valentine's stuff. I would buy way too much of it if I let myself get started. But alas, I cannot. And I would love to make something cute. Maybe something to go on my front door? But alas again, we all know I cannot. Guess I'll stick with my Walmart paper-hearts-on-a-string that hang from the ceiling. They're cheap, but they make me smile. :) - I'm breaking up with E-mealz. I'm sorry E-mealz, it's over. It's not you, it's me. You're a great website, and we can still be friends, but we just don't see eye to eye about some things. You have expectations of me that I just can't live up to. Namely, that I will remember to log on to your website every week and download your menu. It's just not happening. I've been a member for almost two years, and I can probably count on less than two hands the number of times I've actually done that. And don't try to talk me into staying. I've found someone new. Michelle at Make 5 Dinners in One Hour knows me oh-so-well. Not only does she show me how to make 5 meals in one one-hour prep session, but she emails her menus and grocery lists to me. Along with a few extra menus every month. Be still my heart.
- I'm starting to have a hankerin' for San Antonio again. Hankerin': [hang-ker-in] noun. a longing, craving, desire, need, yearning, hunger. May also be used as a verb: to have a restless or incessant longing (often followed by after, or for.) Getting to go twice last year spoiled me. And we never did get to eat at Casa Rio, you know. Oh how I wish we could go this year, but with Uganda coming up in June I'm afraid San Antonio is mostly likely going to have to wait until next year. sigh.
- Have you guys been keeping up with Joanne over at The Simple Wife? She's doing so great. Thank you so much for your prayers for her. God is definitely answering! She is fully awake now and is communicating through an app on an iPad that was provided to them through donations. She is participating in occupational, speech, and physical therapy. I have been so blessed and amazed seeing what God has done in her life.
- A few days ago Kloe asked me, "Mom, can we get out our tea cups and dress fancy and send Daddy and Jacob out, and you and I have tea and cakes?" Sweet girl. I had to make a very conscious effort to specifically say yes and mean it. Because with all that's been going on the past couple of weeks, I could feel myself sort of saying yes out of habit and not really paying attention to what I was actually telling her. I was so glad when, tonight after dinner, she just started getting out the tea cups. (We don't have a real tea set or anything. Kloe just has a cup and saucer that we used for party favors when she had a tea party for her fourth birthday, and I have a cup and saucer that were my grandmother's.)
For one second I started to say, "Oh, let's rest for just a few minutes, and we'll do it later, ok?" But instead - for once - I actually listened to that still, small whisper. "No, don't put her off. Do it now." We didn't dress fancy - just our jeans and sweaters - and we didn't send the boys out - they were 10 feet away watching TV in the living room - but for 10 minutes we drank milk (we're fresh out of tea) from tea cups, and talked with silly accents, and stuck our pinkies out, and ate pink, heart-shaped Little Debbie snack cakes. And 10 minutes made my sweet baby feel loved, and feel special, and feel noticed. Ten minutes made her smile and hug me and say, "Thank you, Mama." Thank You, Jesus, that for once I listened to You. - Ok, I don't really have six for today. I wanted to have Six for Sunday to keep the whole alliteration thing going, because Five for Sunday just doesn't have the same ring to it, but I got nothin'. Hope you guys have a very restful Sunday and a great week!
2 days ago
you two look SO MUCH alike!
ReplyDeletei KNOW... mothering only takes a minute.
it's a shame i don't take the minutes more often... thanks for the reminder.